Advancer A-Series awarded with first place in the ‘Smart Trailer’ category by the renowned international jury representing 16 leading European transport magazines
Thermo King®, a leader in transport temperature control solutions and a brand of Trane Technologies, took home the first place in the “Smart Trailer” category of the “Trailer Innovation” 2021 awards. The jury of 16 renowned European transport magazines recognized Thermo King for its Advancer A-Series, a disruptive new re-imagining of the trailer refrigeration unit. The new Advancer A-Series offers an all-new design architecture that creates a bold new standard for performance, temperature control, and fleet connectivity.
“We are thrilled by this response to our vision for the future of trailer refrigeration. This award reflects the focus Thermo King places on challenging what is possible in our industry,” said Francesco Incalza, president of Thermo King Europe, Middle East and Africa. “With Advancer, we have created a trailer refrigeration unit that features innovations never before seen on the market. A completely new architecture that incorporates the expectations of our customers along with decades of Thermo King’s knowledge and experience.”
The performance delivered by the Advancer A-Series is unrivalled, featuring groundbreaking temperature control, superior load protection, and unmatched fuel efficiency. Combined, these capabilities deliver greater operational flexibility, while helping customers achieve significant improvements in fleet uptime and total cost of ownership.
The architecture of the Advancer A-Series, designed from the outset, includes unique features that comprehensively address a wide range of operational and financial challenges, including:
- Up to 40 percent quicker pull down and up to 30 percent better fuel-efficiency than the market average
- Fully variable airflow that can be regulated for each journey and cargo, and is independent from unit engine speed
- Unrivalled electrical and fuel efficiency contributing to lower CO2 footprint and engines with 50 percent less emissions than the maximum allowed by latest NRMM Stage V emission standards
- Electronic engine speed control on the A-400 and A-500 units, which makes them the first units on the market to give complete transparency of fuel levels and fuel consumption. The fuel consumption data will be recorded, displayed, and made available remotely via telematics
- Lower maintenance costs and enhanced serviceability compared to the predecessor, thanks to sensors offering more insight into the engine, fuel, battery and the performance of other key components
- Future-ready power agnostic capabilities that can utilize diesel, axle generator, or shore power sources with ease
- Fleet intelligence as standard, with Advancer being the first-ever unit to offer 2 years of full telematics connectivity in the purchase price.
Advancer A-Series aligns with Trane Technologies’ 2030 sustainability aspirations, and the commitment to reduce customers’ carbon emissions by one gigaton – equivalent to the annual emissions of Italy, France and the United Kingdom combined.
The “Trailer Innovation” Awards is a renowned industry prize, which has been promoting outstanding ideas and product innovations from the trailer, semi-trailer and body industries since 2002. An expert jury of 16 renowned European transport magazines presents the Trailer Innovation Awards in seven different categories.